The Hangover Salad
It was a good weekend. Probably too good. My husband hosted a bachelor party for one of his friends and I spent the weekend with my family. From too much beer (him) to too many cupcakes (me), tonight’s dinner definitely calls for salad. I loathe boring salads so I’m always trying to find a good one. So whether it is a sugar hangover or a beer one, this is a nice way to start a new week.
About a year ago, we had dinner at my friend Jill’s house and she served a Strawberry Spinach salad that my husband fell in love with. He talked about this salad for a week. It certainly didn’t hurt that he/we are in love with Jill’s house. Everything tastes better there. It reminds me of Hope and Michael Steadman’s house in Thirtysomething. We really want to live in this house, but can’t figure out to displace Jill, her husband, and her two adorable girls. Now they have a dog so we would really just feel bad about the whole thing. Guess we will have to keep looking…
P.S. — The secret to the salad is the dressing.
Jill’s Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 1 bag fresh spinach leaves
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 cup pecans (Jill uses “pecan pie” pecans from Emerald)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup craisins
- Brianna’s homestyle poppyseed dressing
1) Wash spinach, remove stems and put into salad bowl.
2) Wash and dice strawberries; add to bowl.
3) Add pecans.
4) Add feta cheese.
5) Add craisins.
6) Toss in Brianna’s poppyseed dressing and enjoy!